Friday, June 26, 2009

Dear June,

You've been a difficult month, full of ups and downs. Lets review. First there was the awesome bunco night at our new friends, the Cleaves, home. I never got a bunko, but I did get two baby buncos, and while I didn't win, I did do better thank Erik. Then there was packing up the house in New Bern. Bleh, I hate packing. While packing went okay, the continual driving back and forth between Beaufort and New Bern took it's toll on all of us.

I grimace when I think of Friday the 12th. Sheesh, all I wanted to do was get home so I could do laundry before we had to turn around and leave to go up to Raleigh the next day. What happens? Twenty minutes out of New Bern and the car starts overheating. I call Erik, he comes, sees the coolant level is quite low so he adds water The car is still overheating. So I join AAA, get a tow, get a mechanic to look at the car, all of that, and $150 and five hours later we find out there is nothing wrong. Probably there was an air pocket created when we added water and the system just had to "burp" itself. This is me not swearing. I get on the road and Erik heads to the house in New Bern to finish packing up. Five people signed up to help Erik get all of our stuff loaded in the moving van, and only one person showed up. Where is the love? That was a long night of moving for Erik and laundry for me.

The next day we drove up to Raleigh. Erik was going on a business trip to Baltimore, Charlotte and I were going with him (we all flew out of RDU), and Amelia was staying with my parents. While in Baltimore Charlotte and I both got sick, which means neither of us sleep very well. I did get to see two of my old roommates from my Ricks college days, which made the whole trip worth it, plus Maryland is absolutely gorgeous, but I was still pretty miserable and sleep deprived throughout the whole trip. I was so glad to get back to Raleigh at the end of the week. We did enjoy spending the weekend and celebrating Fathers' Day with my family .

Sunday night we drove back to New Bern to clean our house before closing. We were supposed to close on Tuesday the 23rd at 2 o'clock. Unfortunately for our buyers, Bank of America royally screwed up on getting everything ready and to the lawyers office in a timely manner. For the next 24 hours we exchanged phone calls with our agent over where (New Bern or Havelock) and when our closing would be. We finally closed on our house the next afternoon (2 o'clock in Havelock) . Hurray!!!! Then I promptly got so sick I could barely stand being conscious because every single part of my body was in intense pain. Thank goodness for same day doctors appointments, antibiotics (an ear infection), and a wonderful husband to take care of me and the girls. Fortunately I'm feeling better and I'm hoping a full recovery comes soon.

So June, you see, I won't miss you when you are gone. I promise not to hold any grudges, and we'll make a fresh start next time you come around. Good bye and good riddance.

All my best,

1 Validations:

Catherine said...

One more day to go and you forget about all that mess! Except the part where I had a stellar time hanging out with my favorite sister and her family.

I will be glad when this month is over too. Excellent recap.